The Accounting Manager/Controller is responsible for the organization’s accounting functions, including establishing and maintaining corporate accounting principles, practices, procedures and initiatives; Manages department to provide information, primarily financial in nature that will assist management and other users in making educated decisions.
Minimum Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 10+ years of progressively responsible business experience
- Experience with cost accounting and inventory
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the activities of the Accounting Department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial reporting Reports.
- Responsible for quality and continuous improvement within the job scope.
- Responsible for all actions and responsibilities described in company control documentation for this position.
- Contribute to and support the corporation’s quality initiatives by planning, communicating, and encouraging team and individual contributions toward the corporation’s quality improvement efforts.
- Conduct business in compliance with the corporation’s Code of Business Conduct.
- Maintain professional knowledge by attending workshops, training, trade meetings, corporate meetings and other professional functions.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures and adhering to legal regulations.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
Transaction, Compliance and Reporting:
- Prepare reports that summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present and expected operations, including exception reporting, operations analytical reporting, .
- Establish and maintain systems and controls to verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance corporate value.
- Review company financial statements for accuracy and clarity.
- Direct preparation of budgets.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Coordinate the month-end and year-end closing process.
- Review and report on inventory levels and maintain standard costs
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable.
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly.
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
- Contribute to paperless initiatives.
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions Issue timely and complete financial statements.
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Provide for a system of management cost reports.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit.
- Provide financial analyses as needed. Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Perform others duties and responsibilities as assigned
Send resume to Ronnie@Falcpa.com