- Be proficient in the preparation of non-complex individual, corporate, partnership and other tax returns.
- Develop a proficiency in the preparation of complex tax returns, including consolidated, estate and multi-state returns.
- Collaborate with supervisor, manager and partner on decisions for routine tax matters.
- Bring unusual or significant tax questions to the attention of the supervisor, manager or partner.
- Develop the ability to recognize business tax issues.
- Responsible for client adherence to compliance related deadlines such as extension, tax estimate requirements and tax return filings.
- Review non-complex tax returns and ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Develop knowledge of federal and state tax laws, regulations and other relevant authority sufficient to interpret and apply to transactions.
- Research tax issues and filing requirements that affect tax compliance.
- Demonstrate skill using tax software to complete all income tax compliance filings and tax research.
- Keep abreast of tax law changes, filing requirements, and planning opportunities to ensure compliance with tax laws which impact clients.
- Coordinate and lead engagement planning process under supervision of supervisor, manager or partner including scheduling of planning meeting and fieldwork, discussions with appropriate client personnel to understand client’s current business activity, design of testing procedures, review of minutes, audit program preparation, review of business agreements, etc.
- Perform more difficult or complex testing procedures on engagements.
- Supervise and review work of Staff Accountants.
- Bring unusual or significant accounting/auditing questions to the attention of the supervisor, manager or partner.
- Make decisions on routine engagement matters.
- Assist in the preparation of engagement letters, financial statements, representation letters and management letters.
- Assist in the presentation of financial statements and management letters at exit meetings.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), auditing standards, review and compilations standards and other standards that affect the preparation of financial statements.
- Demonstrate skill using all accounting software.
- Develop a thorough understanding of all tax, audit and consulting services provided by the firm. Link this understanding to potential client needs.
- Identify opportunities to expand the scope of current engagements through identification of client needs.
- Maintain and enhance client relations.
Personal and Professional Development:
- If not yet achieved, actively pursues CPA certification by sitting for all scheduled exams.
- Demonstrate sound business judgment, along with problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrate writing, communication, interpersonal and other human relation skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of computers and basic software applications.
- Demonstrate efficiency and organizational abilities.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in highly interruptive conditions.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform under time-pressures and meet deadlines.
- Develop sound business judgment.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Be highly motivated to learn.
- Keep abreast of latest developments as they affect GAAP, auditing, review and compilation standards, tax regulations and the Firm’s standards and policies.
- Communicate with others about activities and developments in areas of responsibility.
- Develop an ability to motivate and train staff.
- Participate in the training of staff.
- Assign work to staff based on their knowledge and capabilities.
- Provide supervision and on the job training to staff assigned to engagements.
- Mentor and develop the technical and professional skills of staff.
- Assist with staff performance evaluations providing written and verbal feedback.
- Participate in the acclamation of new staff to FAL.
- Communicate with others about staff development, including training and development needs.
Email resumes to email@example.com for consideration.